Audrey Roberts Racer Audrey Roberts Racer

incredible game a newgorunds treasure

Start Hack Interactive Start Hack Interactive

Great Tutorial!

Very in-depth and helpful, it would take a moron to still not understand how to change the text on their start button.

Few graphics other than screenshots, but what there was was good quality and relevant. Not much style either, but it was a nice font.

No sound. Definitely a problem, sound could have made this even better, you could even use the Windows installation music, available in the windows folder.

Violence, none. Thank God, no stupid unnecessary stick men or mascots :).

Interactivity was great, although it would have been good if you had gotten rid of the button cursor...however it would have made the tutorial harder to follow, so indifferent really. Good Actionscript though, great touch adding the text input for the Start button within the tutorial.

Humour, there's nothing more funny than being able to write dirty words in someones start button. I had a jolly good time.

Also, this review was not swayed or influenced in any way by me knowing you, was a very good tutorial.

I hope you submit more of these Windows tutorials and videos, you definitely have a theme going for your account.
Make more, I'm technically retarded but I want to fuck with Windows, please :).

Hey Taco'd.

jpoke89 responds:

Thank you for the very in-depth review, and Flash 8 Pro wouldn't let me import music and I no longer have the .FLA file for it, so this is the last version of this I can put out without either decompiling it, starting over completely. Thanks again for the review!
~Justin (jpoke89)

Evasive Action Evasive Action

Unoriginal but fun.

First of all, I would like to say this sort of game, along with others, has been done to death. Bored of all the dodging games, perhaps add different obstacles, like less harmful and more harmful. Although I appreciate the code would be more complicated.

Besides that, it was a fun game, I have no idea why, but I played for a while.

The graphics in this game could have been better, a more imaginative background and more ship sprites would have helped this. The animation on the collision I believe is a timeline effect. In future flash's you should avoid those, they're common and increase filesize. You could do better.

Sound I cannot comment on - speakers are currently not working. I put a five for a guess.

Actionscript was good, and I didn't encouter any errors. More original coding would've gotten you better score here. For all I know you could have just got this from a C&P tutorial.

Overall:
Nice game, and you obviously posses animation skill, but try to be more imaginative in future projects.

Thanks.

VoidSkipper responds:

It's been a long time since you posted this, but I'll reply anyway.

Yeah, I'm aware it's been done to death. At the time it was just coding practice.

The death animation wasn't a timeline effect, it was just some clever tweening. Certainly the graphics could've been improved though - my next release is much prettier.

The song was just a cascada song.. I cued the crescendo to fade in/out when you die, which I thought was pretty clever at the time.

Yeah, coding is my strongpoint, not game design. I'm a coding standard nazi, and everything has to be perfect before it'll see the light of day. I certainly didn't copy-paste any of it.

Thankyou very much for such an in-depth review, I hope when I release my next game (which is already finished), you'll find the time to review it as well.

skatemovie (1) skatemovie (1)

woooh

It's not a game - but it is an interactive movie which you have to put down as game. It has great animation and graphics, great sound and is an ok short>:(

skaman1991 responds:

ye but i clicked the rong fing !!!!!

Hip Hop Machine Hip Hop Machine

Nice

Wow - really good if only we could export it when we have composed a loop. I dont know if thats possible though, is it? Try posting on the flash section of the forum to ask for the script.

background tutorial yay background tutorial yay

Yep

PERSON BELOW ME LOOK HERE, i cant respond to reviews anymore for somereason so ive used my older account to reply. I was using flash 8, update its worth it

ASBOkid responds:

Hilol

NSG007: NG Quiz NSG007: NG Quiz

WOAH!

I HAVE THE SAME BIRTDAY AS TOM FULP!!!I NEVER KNEW THAT!

LuckyLollipopLad responds:

YAY YOU!

Classic Rock Quiz 4! Classic Rock Quiz 4!

"tnt and fender strat"?

I'm sure it was a fender strat that stevie ray vaughan played as squire wasnt established until later.Also there was a type-o on 'NTT' its TNT!!

nice quiz. I am a 65% rock star... now i feel obliged to say ...ROCK N ROLL!!!

KyleDaFox responds:

Fender invented Squire, I have a Squire Strat, the same kind he played, and it's "Squire Stratocaster" (in small letters) "Fender"

Cursorrama Cursorrama