Hallucinaliens Hallucinaliens

Cool.

This deserves a waaay higher score. Hahah, I was waiting for it to come out of Under Judgement, because I was sure it'd get like 4.2 at least.

I think some people may have preferred it if it was accompanied by music, but for me it just added to the...'surreal' atmosphere.

I could definitely see this becoming a Brackenwood-esque series.

The backgrounds were beautifully drawn, and the colour choices were wonderful.

The character animation could have been smoother, and I personally don't like the effect that tweening a movie clip loop gives, but I guess it's an efficient method of animation. The stream/waterfall was smooth and impressive, though.

The character animation is the single thing that could have improved this flash, hence the 9/10.

The storyline was interesting, and light hearted whilst portraying a horror movie like situation, haha.
I also loved how you gave the little species names.

All in all I found this to be a very impressive and inspiring little movie.

Looking forward to more, perhaps? I'll check your site for sure.

:: Squirrel Songs IV :: :: Squirrel Songs IV ::

That was really good

The song was really catchy, and good to see you again too.

Lovely background, all well drawn and animated..

Marshmallow Collab Marshmallow Collab

Good to see

Sorry I fucked up on the leadership and all, glad to see it out.

Really liked Cybermonkeys part.

One thing, where the heck is flashbound's piece? I really like it.

WAR-HEART responds:

flash bound hasent been on in ages he didnt send me it

Audrey Roberts Racer Audrey Roberts Racer

incredible game a newgorunds treasure

Start Hack Interactive Start Hack Interactive

Great Tutorial!

Very in-depth and helpful, it would take a moron to still not understand how to change the text on their start button.

Few graphics other than screenshots, but what there was was good quality and relevant. Not much style either, but it was a nice font.

No sound. Definitely a problem, sound could have made this even better, you could even use the Windows installation music, available in the windows folder.

Violence, none. Thank God, no stupid unnecessary stick men or mascots :).

Interactivity was great, although it would have been good if you had gotten rid of the button cursor...however it would have made the tutorial harder to follow, so indifferent really. Good Actionscript though, great touch adding the text input for the Start button within the tutorial.

Humour, there's nothing more funny than being able to write dirty words in someones start button. I had a jolly good time.

Also, this review was not swayed or influenced in any way by me knowing you, was a very good tutorial.

I hope you submit more of these Windows tutorials and videos, you definitely have a theme going for your account.
Make more, I'm technically retarded but I want to fuck with Windows, please :).

Hey Taco'd.

jpoke89 responds:

Thank you for the very in-depth review, and Flash 8 Pro wouldn't let me import music and I no longer have the .FLA file for it, so this is the last version of this I can put out without either decompiling it, starting over completely. Thanks again for the review!
~Justin (jpoke89)

Evasive Action Evasive Action

Unoriginal but fun.

First of all, I would like to say this sort of game, along with others, has been done to death. Bored of all the dodging games, perhaps add different obstacles, like less harmful and more harmful. Although I appreciate the code would be more complicated.

Besides that, it was a fun game, I have no idea why, but I played for a while.

The graphics in this game could have been better, a more imaginative background and more ship sprites would have helped this. The animation on the collision I believe is a timeline effect. In future flash's you should avoid those, they're common and increase filesize. You could do better.

Sound I cannot comment on - speakers are currently not working. I put a five for a guess.

Actionscript was good, and I didn't encouter any errors. More original coding would've gotten you better score here. For all I know you could have just got this from a C&P tutorial.

Overall:
Nice game, and you obviously posses animation skill, but try to be more imaginative in future projects.

Thanks.

VoidSkipper responds:

It's been a long time since you posted this, but I'll reply anyway.

Yeah, I'm aware it's been done to death. At the time it was just coding practice.

The death animation wasn't a timeline effect, it was just some clever tweening. Certainly the graphics could've been improved though - my next release is much prettier.

The song was just a cascada song.. I cued the crescendo to fade in/out when you die, which I thought was pretty clever at the time.

Yeah, coding is my strongpoint, not game design. I'm a coding standard nazi, and everything has to be perfect before it'll see the light of day. I certainly didn't copy-paste any of it.

Thankyou very much for such an in-depth review, I hope when I release my next game (which is already finished), you'll find the time to review it as well.

freewebs guestbook freewebs guestbook

messageboards of canada

dogpunk (demo) dogpunk (demo)

wicked

[Speed Rap]- Fastest Rap [Speed Rap]- Fastest Rap

Good show

Why would a vegan be a milkman? That is my only criticism.

JonH2O responds:

Lol, I just delivered the stuff.
You wouldn't wanna see me drinking all the profits now would ya?

Dead of Winter Dead of Winter

omgsorry i was busy!

It looks good for the criteria aigis. I can't think of any real valid criticisms so by way of a consolation effort, what about some footprints